Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! Mine sure was a happy one. Every day I am reminded of how blessed I am to have been entrusted with the role of Mother to three precious souls. I am also so thankful for my own Mom, for being such a great Mom and for teaching me so much.
I love being a Mom! I woke up to three excited kids giving me the cards they made for me. Since it was such beautiful weather, after church we went for a walk at a nearby nature preserve/arboretum, Hawthorne Hollow, and searched for Spring flowers. Ever since I was a little girl and was given a school assignment of putting together a wildflower collection, I have enjoyed Spring flowers. We found quite a few and experimented with our macro lens.

Dave and the kids also surprised me with a new bike! We all went for a nice, long ride before dinner.



Here are some of the flowers we
found on our walk:


Spring Beauty


Prairie Trillium

Jack-in-the-Pulpit

Marsh Marigold


Blood Root

Dog Violet

Dutchman's Breeches

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...