Saturday, September 18, 2010

Dave's Latest Project

As is the case with most homeschooling families, we've accumulated a lot of books and various supplies (math manipulatives, flashcards, art supplies, etc). We were in desperate need of more storage. Our family room has a little nook where I always thought built in cabinets and desks would fit nicely. I told Dave my thoughts and he bought a book on cabinet making and went to it! It took him the whole summer to go from the planning stages to the finished product and I am so proud of his efforts. One of my favorite of the many admirable qualities in my husband is that he is self-motivated and self-taught in a wide variety of subjects and endeavors. This quality is one
that I really hope rubs off on the kids!

There isn't a good "before" picture -- just this mid-project view when the cabinets had no doors.




Woodworking in the garage




Our new and MUCH improved family room.
Thanks, Dave!


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...