Monday, September 6, 2010

Week 1 Summary

We're back to school! Our first week went very well and everyone is excited to learn! The curriculum we use, My Father's World, is so perfect for us. There is just enough material presented each day to keep the kids focused and to maintain a good balance.

Our kindergarten week focused on the letter "S" and the motto was "Jesus is the light of the world."

We baked sun bread together.


Handwriting improved over the week -- even that pesky "S" looks pretty good!


Having fun with Cuisenaire Rods


Working Together on Maps



Mapwork for Notebook



Parts of a Cell



Cell Model



Beginning Cursive



The Roman-style wax writing tablet sure was a hit! The kids enjoyed learning all about Roman numerals using their tablets.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea and Dave! It's great to have found you through the blogroll and I love you giving a summary of your week. I'm almost a week or more behind you on the MFW-K, so it's great to have someone as a guide! A que, did you follow the sun bread's recipe on the book? How did it taste? It looks spectacular I have to say. Check out my blog at http://home-su-cool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann! Yes, we used the recipe on the back of the book and it was a very easy dough to work with -- and it tastes great. The kids are wanting to bake more this week! Your should-be-patented folder looks really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea,

    Looks like fun! Is that desk one that Dave made? What a great space! Someday I'll update my blog...it's because of my new email. I can explain sometime:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...